The Night Shift is an NBC network medical drama series created by Gabe Sachs and Jeff Judah. The cast currently consists of Eoin Macken, Jill Flint, Ken Leung, Brendan Fehr, Robert Bailey Jr., JR Lemon, Scott Wolf and Tanaya Beatty.
The series first premiered on May 27, 2014 and as of 2016, it has aired for 2 seasons and 22 episodes.
On May 8, 2016, NBC renewed "The Night Shift" for a third season set to premiere on June 1, 2016.
The series follows the overnight shift at San Antonio Memorial Hospital where three of the surgeons have a connection to the U.S. military.
Dr. TC Callahan is an ex-Army medic who initially exhibits PTSD-type symptoms, having watched his brother die right in front of him on the battlefield. He tends to go his own way at the hospital, frequently breaking rules and butting heads with his ex-girlfriend and newly-appointed head of the night shift, Dr. Jordan Alexander and the hospital's administrator, Michael Ragosa.
Dr. Topher Zia is a private-sector surgeon who previously spent a lot of time on the battlefield as an Army Ranger while Dr. Drew Alister is a gay Army medic still active in the reserves who initially tries to hide his sexual orientation for fear of backlash.
Dr. Krista Bell-Hart is a young surgical resident trying to work her way up the ranks while fellow resident Dr. Paul Cummings works hard to emerge from the shadow of his father, a famous surgeon at Johns Hopkins.
Jordan is initially in a relationship with Dr. Scott Clemmens, which complicates things when Scott becomes the Chief of Surgery at the hospital and sees that Jordan still has feelings for TC.
After a cancer scare, Ragosa finds that he can no longer tolerate the stresses of his administrator job, and he quits that position in order to pursue his original dream of becoming a doctor.
- Eoin Macken as Dr. Thomas Charles "TC" Callahan
- Jill Flint as Dr. Jordan Alexander
- Ken Leung as Dr. Christopher "Topher" Zia
- Brendan Fehr as Dr. Drew Alister
- Robert Bailey Jr. as Dr. Paul Cummings
- Jeananne Goossen as Dr. Krista Bell-Hart (seasons 1–2)
- JR Lemon as Nurse Kenny Fournette
- Freddy Rodriguez as Dr. Michael Ragosa (seasons 1–2)
- Daniella Alonso as Dr. Landry de la Cruz (season 1)
- Scott Wolf as Dr. Scott Clemmens (recurring seasons 1–2; main season 3)
- Tanaya Beatty as Dr. Shannon Rivera (season 3)