Shades of Blue is a American crime drama television series created by Adi Hasak, starring singer/actress Jennifer Lopez and also stars Ray Liotta, Drea de Matteo, Warren Kole, Dayo Okeniyi, Hampton Fluker, Vincent Laresca and Sarah Jeffrey. It was produced by Nuyorican, EGTV, Ryan Seacrest, Jack Orman Production, Adi TV Studios and Universal Television, also distributed by NBCUniversal Television Distribution.
The series was aired on January 7, 2016 and as of 2017, it has aired for two seasons and 26 episodes.
On February 5, 2016, it was renewed by NBC for a second season and 13 episodes, which premiered on March 5, 2017. On March 17, 2017 it was renewed for third season, which premiered on 2018.
The show is about Harlee Santos, an NYPD detective and single mother struggling with financial problems.
After she is caught up in an FBI anti-corruption probe, she must choose between doing the right thing for her daughter or covering up for her corrupt police co-workers.
- Jennifer Lopez as Detective Harlee Santos
- Ray Liotta as Lieutenant Matt Wozniak
- Drea de Matteo as Detective Tess Nazario
- Warren Kole as Agent Robert Stahl
- Dayo Okeniyi as Detective Michael Loman
- Hampton Fluker as Sergeant Marcus Tufo
- Vincent Laresca as Detective Carlos Espada
- Sarah Jeffery as Cristina Santos
- Annie Chang as Molly Chen
- Santino Fontana as David Saperstein
- Michael Esper as Donnie Pomp
- Leslie Silva as Gail Baker
- Antonio Jaramillo as Miguel Zepeda
- Lolita Davidovich (season 1) and Margaret Colin (season 2) as Linda Wozniak
Episode number Edit
In February 2014, NBC gave a 13-episode straight-to-series order. A teaser trailer was made available on June 3, 2015, containing statements by Lopez, Ray Liotta, and Drea de Matteo.
Lopez was given the main role in 2014. On February 26, 2015, Liotta, de Matteo, Vincent Laresca and Warren Kole were cast as Lt. Matt Wozniak, Det. Shirley Nazario, Det. Tony Espada and Agent Robert Staal, respectively. Dayo Okeniyi was given the role of Det. Michael Loman. On March 30, 2015, Hampton Fluker was cast in a recurring role as Det. Marcus Tufo. On April 8, Sarah Jeffery was cast as Santos' daughter, Christina. On April 13, 2015, Gino Anthony Pesi was cast in a recurring role as Assistant District Attorney James Nava. On June 15, 2016, Anna Gunn joined Shades of Blue's second season in a recurring role.
Filming for the first season began on June 5, 2015, in New York City. Filming for the second season began in July 2016 in New York City. Filming for the third season began in April 2017 in New York City.
- Shades of Blue on Fandom