Parenthood is an American television drama series developed by Jason Katims and produced by Imagine Television and Universal Television for NBC and is loosely based on the 1989 film of the same title.
It first premiered on March 6, 2010 and became well-received by TV critics, earning several nominations and awards including one Vision Award, a Critics' Choice Television Award, two Television Academy Honors awards, four Young Artist Awards, and three Entertainment Industries Council PRISM Awards.
Despite the show getting strong reviews, "Parenthood" never gained a strong audience.
On January 29, 2015, the show ended after 6 seasons and 103 episodes.
The show tells of the Braverman clan, which comprises an older couple, their four children, and their families.
- Peter Krause as Adam Braverman
- Lauren Graham as Sarah Braverman
- Dax Shepard as Crosby Braverman
- Monica Potter as Kristina Braverman
- Erika Christensen as Julia Braverman-Graham
- Sam Jaeger as Joel Graham
- Savannah Paige Rae as Sydney Graham
- Sarah Ramos as Haddie Braverman (main cast seasons 1–3; recurring cast season 4; guest starring seasons 5–6)
- Max Burkholder as Max Braverman
- Joy Bryant as Jasmine Trussell
- Miles Heizer as Drew Holt
- Mae Whitman as Amber Holt
- Bonnie Bedelia as Camille Braverman
- Craig T. Nelson as Zeek Braverman
- Tyree Brown as Jabbar Trussell (recurring season 1; main seasons 2–6)
- Xolo Mariduena as Victor Graham (guest season 3; main seasons 4–6)