Parenthood is an American sitcom based on the 1989 film of the same name. It first premiered on August 20, 1990 and was executively produced by Ron Howard (who also directed the film version of "Parenthood").
Due to low ratings, the show was cancelled on August 11, 1991 after one season and 12 episodes.
In 2010, a new version of Parenthood aired, lasting for 6 seasons.
The series delivered seriocomic vignettes on rearing children, revolving around four generations of a middle-class California (however, the movie took place in St. Louis, Missouri) family, the Buckmans. The Huffners of the film were renamed the Merricks on the TV series.
- David Arquette as Tod Hawks
- Jayne Atkinson as Karen Buckman
- Ed Begley, Jr. as Gil Buckman
- Thora Birch as Taylor Buckman
- Maryedith Burrell as Helen Buckman
- Leonardo DiCaprio as Garry Buckman
- Mary Jackson as Great Grandma Greenwell
- Zachary La Voy as Justin Buckman
- Sheila MacRae as Marilyn Buckman
- Bess Meyer as Julie Buckman Hawks
- Susan Norman as Susan Buckman Merrick
- Ken Ober as Nathan Merrick
- Ivyann Schwan as Patty Merrick
- Max Elliott Slade as Kevin Buckman
- William Windom as Frank Buckman