Nancy was an NBC sitcom, starring Renne Jarrett in the title role. It was created by producer Sidney Sheldon, who wrote every episode under various pseudonyms (such as "Mark Rowane", "Christopher Golato" and "Allan Devon")
The show aired from September 17, 1970 to January 7, 1971, lasting only one season and 17 episodes.
It aired in the 9:30 p.m. Eastern timeslot between "Ironside" and "The Dean Martin Show" & competed with ABC's "The Odd Couple" and the second half-hour of the CBS Thursday Night Movies.
The show was about Nancy Smith, daughter of the President of the United States who meets & marries veterinarian Adam Hudson while vacationing in the fictional town of Center City, Iowa.
- Renne Jarrett as Nancy Smith
- John Fink as Dr. Adam Hudson
- Celeste Holm as Abigail "Abby" Townsend
- Robert F. Simon as Uncle Everett McPherson
- Frank Aletter as Tom Daily
- Eddie Applegate as Willie Maxwell
- William Bassett as Agent Turner
- Ernesto Macias as Agent Rodriguez