Law & Order: Criminal Intent or "Law & Order: CI" is an NBC police procedural television drama series and the second spin-off of Dick Wolf's "Law & Order" franchise.
The show first premiered on September 30, 2001 and aired on NBC for six seasons before moving to the USA Network due to declining ratings & in order to share costs. On the USA Network, the show aired for four more seasons before ending on June 26, 2011 after 195 episodes.
"Law & Order: Criminal Intent" follows a division of the New York City Police Department, the "Major Case Squad", a force of brilliant and skilled first-grade detectives who handle the most serious and the most complex crimes that New York has to offer.
The Major Case Squad investigates high-profile cases (in most cases, murder) such as those involving VIPs, local government officials and employees, the financial industry, and the art world.
The series pays attention to the actions and motives of the criminals, rather than focusing exclusively on the police and prosecutions.
A feature of each episode is that the cold open always involves a series of cut-scenes that show events from the suspects' and victims' lives, leading up to the crime.
The clues to the crime's eventual solution can often be found in this teaser sequence. Unlike other Law & Order series, most "Criminal Intent" episodes end in confessions rather than continuing to the trial phase.
- Kathryn Erbe as Detective Alexandra Eames (2001–2011)
- Vincent D'Onofrio as Detective Robert Goren (2001–2011)
- Chris Noth as Detective Mike Logan (2005–2008)
- Jeff Goldblum as Detective Zack Nichols (2009–2010)
- Julianne Nicholson as Detective Megan Wheeler (2006–2009)
- Annabella Sciorra as Detective Carolyn Barek (2005–2006)
- Alicia Witt as Detective Nola Falacci (2007; 5 episodes)
- Saffron Burrows as Detective Serena Stevens (2010; 15 episodes)
- Jamey Sheridan as Captain James Deakins (2001–2006)
- Eric Bogosian as Captain Danny Ross (2006-2010)
- Mary Elizabeth Mastrantonio as Captain Zoe Callas (2010; 14 episodes)
- Jay O'Sanders as Captain Joseph Hannah (2011; 8 episodes)
- Courtney B. Vance as ADA Ron Carver (2001-2006)
- Julia Ormond as Dr. Paula Gyson (2011; 7 episodes)
Episode numbers Edit
- Law & Order (Criminal Intent) on Fandom