Chicago Med is an NBC medical drama television series created by Dick Wolf and Matt Olmstead as the second spin-off of "Chicago Fire."
The show premiered on November 17, 2015. Originally, the network ordered 13 episodes for the first season, but on December 11, 2015, an additional 5 episodes were ordered, bringing the season to 18 episodes.
On February 1, 2016, NBC renewed "Chicago Med" for a second season.
Set in Chicago, the show focuses on the emergency department at Gaffney Chicago Medical Center and on its doctors and nurses as they work to save patients' lives.
- Nick Gehlfuss as Dr. Will Halstead
- Torrey DeVitto as Dr. Natalie Manning
- Yaya DaCosta as Nurse April Sexton
- Rachel DiPillo as Sarah Reese
- Colin Donnell as Dr. Connor Rhodes
- Brian Tee as LCDR Dr. Ethan Choi
- S. Epatha Merkerson as Sharon Goodwin
- Oliver Platt as Dr. Daniel Charles
- Marylne Barnett as Nurse Maggie Lockwood
- Julie Berman as Dr. Samantha "Sam" Zanetti
- Brennan Brown as Dr. Sam Abrams
- Peter Mark Kendall as Joey Thomas
- D.W. Moffett as Cornelius Rhodes
- Christina Brucato as Claire Rhodes
- Annie Potts as Helen Manning
- Gregg Henry as Dr. David Downey (season one)
- Susie Abromeit as Zoe Roth
- Roland Buck III as Noah Sexton