Boston Common was an NBC network sitcom created by Max Mutchnick & David Kohan which first premiered on March 21, 1996.
The series was one of the 10 highest rated shows in its first season as it ranked 8th in the yearly ratings with a 15.6 household rating, but after it moved to Sunday nights during its second season, the show dropped from 8th to 52nd place.
"Boston Common" was cancelled on April 27, 1997 after 2 seasons & 32 episodes.
The show centered on Boyd Pritchett (Anthony Clark), a genial, easy-going twenty-something from Virginia who takes his sister, Wyleen (Hedy Burress) to college in Boston.
After meeting a woman named Joy (Traylor Howard) & falling in love with her, Boyd decides to stay in Boston much to Wyleen's dismay.
Boyd eventually gets a job at the college and shares an apartment with Wyleen whose inclination is to be sexually active, but Boyd tries to inspire her with his chaste pursuit of Joy.
- Anthony Clark as Boyd Pritchett
- Hedy Burress as Wyleen Pritchett
- Traylor Howard as Joy
- Tasha Smith as Tasha King
- Steve Paymer as Leonard Prince
- Vincent Ventresca as Professor Jack Reed
- Roger Rees as President Harrison Cross (season 2)
- Sam Anderson as President Wesley Butterfield
- Margot Kidder as Cookie de Varen
- Zach Galifianakis as Bobby