Blossom was a NBC network sitcom created by Don Reo, starring actress Mayim Bialik in the title role.
The pilot episode of "Blossom" premiered on July 5, 1990. At the time, Mayim Bialik signed on to do the pilot, she recently worked on the FOX network sitcom "Malloy".
Both NBC and Fox were planning to broadcast both shows in 1990 with either of them set to continue as a regular series beyond its preview\tryout run. Four weeks after the pilot aired, Fox commenced a seven-episode tryout run for "Molloy" (whose episodes had been produced in 1989) prior to Mayim Bialik signing on for the NBC" pilot.
"Molloy" ended up being cancelled after 7 episodes aired and NBC executives (who had been pleased with the ratings of the Mayim Bialik pilot special) ordered "Blossom" as a midseason replacement for January of 1991.
The show premiered on January 3, 1991 and during its run, it did moderately well in the Nielsen ratings. After 5 seasons and 114 episodes, "Blossom" was cancelled.
"Blossom" centered on teenager Blossom Russo and her life at home, school and growing up in general.
- Mayim Bialik as Blossom Russo
- Joey Lawrence as Joey Russo
- Michael Stoyunov as Anthony Russo
- Ted Wass as Nick Russo
- Jenna Van Oy as Six LeMeure
- Bernard Hughes as Buzz Richman [seasons 2-4]
- David Lascher as Vinnie Bonitardi
- Finola Hughes as Carol Russo [season 5]
- Courtney Chase as Kennedy [season 5]
- Melissa Manchester as Maddy Russo
- Portia Dawson as Rhonda Jo Applegate
- Gail Edwards as Sharon LeMeure
- Samaria Graham as Shelly Russo
- Kevin Jamal Woods as Frank [season 5]