A Different World was a NBC network sitcom and spin-off of "The Cosby Show" created by Bill Cosby that premiered on September 24, 1987.
Originally, the show centered on the character of Denise Huxtable (portrayed by Lisa Bonet) and the lives of students at a fictional historically black college called Hillman College, but after Lisa Bonet left the show after the first season, the remainder of the series focused primarily on the characters of Whitley Gilbert (portrayed by Jasmine Guy) & Dwayne Wayne (portrayed by Kadeem Hardison).
In January of 1993, NBC placed the show on hiatus due to low ratings and during the hiatus, the network announced that "A Different World" would be cancelled.
On May 8, 1993, the show returned to the schedule with a one-hour series finale and ended after six seasons & 144 episodes.
Episodes 138 through 142 of "A Different World" (which were scheduled to air over winter 1993 prior to the series being placed on hiatus) aired from May 27, 1993 to July 9, 1993. The final three episodes of the series aired in syndication.
- Lisa Bonet as Denise Huxtable
- Jasmine Guy as Whitley Gilbert
- Kadeem Hardison as Dwayne Wayne
- Marisa Tomei as Maggie Lauten
- Dawnn Lewis as Jalessa Vinson-Taylor
- Loretta Devine as Stevie Rallen
- Sinbad as Coach Walter Oakes
- Lou Myers as Vernon Gaines
- Darryl M. Bell as Ronald "Ron" Johnson
- Mary Alice as Leticia "Lettie" Bostic
- Charnele Brown as Kimberly Reese
- Cree Summer as Winifred "Freddie" Brooks
- Glynn Turman as Colonel Bradford Taylor
- Ajai Sanders as Gina Deveaux
- Jada Pinkett as Lena James
- Karen Malina White as Charmaine Brown